Thursday, July 3, 2014

Alive Museum

Finally, Alive Museum is in Singapore! Opened in 12 June 2014 at Suntec City Mall, CT and I decided to check it out. We had already bought the tickets on Groupon before the museum opened, so I got the deal at SGD30.00 inclusive of the museum ticket, Singapore River Cruise ticket and a SGD10.00 Popeyes voucher. I think it was a good deal.

Ticket to Alive Museum

When we were there, we realised that the tickets are being sold at SGD25.00 each, so it confirmed that my deal at Groupon was a good deal.
Before entering the museum
Before entering the museum, the staff briefed us that the ticket can only be used to enter the museum once, so if we have to make sure that we will not need to go to the washroom or whatsoever after we enter.

As we enter, the place is rather small and there wasn't a lot of people as well. That being said, it was still a difficult task to take a nice photo because someone might just photo-bomb it. It wasn't them being inconsiderate, all the art pieces were arranged relatively close to each other due to the space constraint and they might just end up in the photos. I was rather annoyed by a group of "innocent" kids running around. I don't blame them because they are kids after all, but it was really provoking when they just run in front of the camera when I was about to snap the shot.

Anyway, here are some of the shots that I have taken at the museum.
The Micheal Jackson Signature Move


I got hit by Superman!

I'm drinking the dog's pee

The whole trip was quite a pleasant one. But a word of advice, make sure your camera battery is fully charged (bring spare battery if you have) and you aren't rushing anywhere after that. I took a lot of pictures for the same scene just to get the correct angle. Also, people might just photo-bomb in the picture, so be prepared to retake the picture a couple more times. Because of that, you might end up spending a lot more time than usual to complete the museum.

On a side note, the concept is similar to Trick Eye Museum which open on 08 June 2014 at Resort World Sentosa. The price is also set at SGD25.00 for the tickets. However, there are a lot more people there than Alive Museum. I was there once, and I was told the waiting time was 5-6hours. Isn't that crazy? I shall wait for the hype to die down first before I go.

For more and better view of pictures, visit Flying Panda Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment